– Find problems with schooling
– Want to know what services are offered throughout Merton
– Want to know who provides services for parents
– Or think there should be more services for fathers
If you are a parent or carer and want to know more about the services available in Merton then sign up for the Merton Parent Conference on Friday 19 March 2004, 9.15am -4.15pm, at Merton College.
The free conference, including lunch will bring together many of the local agencies who provide services for parents in Merton and identify where there are gaps. It is an opportunity for parents to say what provision they would like to see in the borough in the future.
The conference will include:
– An opportunity to discover what is available to parents/carers in Merton
– Special guest speakers
– Workshop sessions
– An OFSTED approved Creche run by Playcare Merton, including a MacDonalds Happy Meal for each child(crèche places are limited and need to be booked in advance).
The Mayor of Merton, Councillor Maxi Martin, Siobhain McDonagh MP and Roger Casale MP will also be attending the conference.
Emma Beck, Merton Council’s YISP Support Worker, said: “If you are a parent in Merton then come along to the conference to find out more about the services offered in Merton and to let us know where there are any gaps.
Merton Parent Support offers a service to all parent/carers of young people aged 8-17. They offer parents individual or group support in a relaxed and friendly environment. They also run a telephone help line, which provides information on local national organisations and agencies targeting specific help and information on a range of issues.
To book a place contact Emma Beck on 020 8274 4962.