Pupils and their teachers at schools across the borough were celebrating their GCSE results today.
72.8% of Merton pupils have achieved grades 9 – 4 (9 being the highest and 4 a standard pass) in both English and maths.
Schools across Merton achieved an impressive set of results in core subjects:
- At Raynes Park High School, 60.3% of pupils achieved grades 9-4 in both English and maths.
- At Ricards Lodge High School, 76% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in both English and maths. This is an increase of nearly 11% compared to 2018.
- 74% of pupils at Rutlish School achieved grades 9 – 4 in both English and maths. This is an increase of nearly 4% compared to last year.
- At St Mark’s Academy, the pass rate for English and maths grades 9-4 is 52.6%.
- At Ursuline High School, 82% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in both English and maths.
- At Wimbledon College, 80% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in both English and maths. This is an increase of nearly 4% compared to last year.
Merton Council’s Cabinet Member for Schools, Councillor Eleanor Stringer, who visited Ricards Lodge High School in Wimbledon, said: “It was a privilege to be invited to see pupils finding out their GCSE results and congratulate them on all their hard work. It reminded me of when I received my GCSE results and the excitement of looking forward to the future. I wish them luck whatever their next steps, particularly those staying on at our excellent post-16 provision in Merton.
“I also enjoyed meeting some of the dedicated teaching staff, whose hard work has helped to ensure that all our secondary schools have been rated as Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.”
Notes to editors
This data does not include results for the Harris Academy schools in the borough.