Bored of buying the same old gifts at Christmas? Merton Council’s waste services team is advising residents to visit the Recycle Now website for a great selection of original recycled gifts.
There is a wide selection of gifts from the likes of Bags2Riches, Green Gallery, Octopus and TRAID among others.
Examples of gifts and stocking fillers include:
– Pencil Case (made from recycled tyres) – £4.99 from Remarkable (020 8741 1234)
– Remarkable Colouring Pencils (made from FSC sustainable timber) – £2.99 from Sainsburys
– Pull Along Hedgehog – £10.49 from Pintoy (0870 012 9090)
– Coasters (made from plastic bags) – £1.99 from Cutouts (01484 645281)
– Handbags (made from recycled magazine pages, CDs and records) – £18 – £35 from Octopus (020 7287 3916)
– Customised Recycled Clothing (made from torn or unusable clothing) – from £15.99 from Traid
Alternatively residents could make their own gifts by recycling old goods. Customising old clothes is a popular way of giving an outfit a new lease of life and standing out from the crowd this Christmas.
Notes to editors
Photos available on request
Senior Press & PR Officer
London Borough of Merton
020 8545 3327