Fed up of facing a language barrier? Merton Translation Service (MTS) is urging residents and local businesses to take advantage of the numerous translation services they provide.
Operating in more than 80 languages and local dialects, including British Sign Language, MTS aims to provide all sectors of the community with equal access to council services.
Council officers will arrange for interpreters through MTS to enable communication with residents who speak little or no English. Council letters and documents are made available to all residents in the formats they need, including large print, Braille, audiotape or electronic format.
MTS is also available for commercial use, providing organisations with:
– Advice and guidance
– Face-to-face interpreting
– Translation of written documents
– Alternative formats – text transcription
– Telephone interpreting
For more information about the Translation Service or for price-lists for commercial use please call 020 8545 3397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Translation Service’s office hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. At all other times individuals are asked to leave a message on the office answering machine and contact will be made as soon as possible.
– Interpreters will work outside offices hours including weekends.
– For all Housing and Social services documents that are required in alternative formats and languages please call the Information and Business Services Unit on 020 8545 3475.
– All translators/interpreters have signed Merton Council’s Code of Conduct that ensures professionalism, confidentiality and accordance with Merton’s Equal Opportunities Policy.