Parents with children in Year 6 or Year 5 are invited to attend Merton’s secondary schools open evening to find out more about secondary education in Merton on Tuesday 25 September 2007, 6.30 – 8.30pm at the Chaucer Centre, Canterbury Road, Morden, SM4 6PX.
It is a great opportunity to come and meet staff and students from each of the Merton secondary schools:
· Bishopsford Community School
· Harris Academy Merton
· Raynes Park High School
· Ricards Lodge High School
· Rutlish School
· St Mark’s Church of England Academy
· Ursuline High School
· Wimbledon College
There will be information to take away, displays of students’ work and presentations from Dave Hill, Director of Children, Schools and Families and Councillor Debbie Shears, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services. Staff and students will be able to answer questions and provide details of individual schools’ open events and parental tours.
There will also be representatives from key services at the event including Parent Partnership, Extended Schools, Adult Education, Leisure and Culture, Playing For Success, Merton Music Foundation and Merton College.
Councillor Debbie Shears, Cabinet Member for Children Services said:
“I welcome the move for all secondary schools to work together to promote the educational opportunities that we provide in Merton, attracting pupils from both Merton and out of the borough to our improving secondary schools.”
Notes to editor:
· The closing date for receipt of online applications, Common Application Forms and any supplementary forms for admission to secondary school in September 2008 is Friday 19 October 2007.
· There is ample free car parking at the venue and it is easily accessible by bus (routes:151, 154, 157, 164, 213, 280, 420, 422) and train (a brief bus or taxi ride from Morden underground station or short walk from St Helier main line station).