Children under twelve years old in Merton have the opportunity to enter a star making competition at Morden Library this December.
All entries submitted will be hung up around the library to create a little festive spirit.
Closing date for entries is Tuesday 18 December at 7pm. Stars will be judged and prizes awarded later that week.
Entries will be divided into two age groups: under sevens and over sevens. First, second and third prizes will be awarded to the winners of these groups.
A quickstep guide to making stars:
· Stars should be 30 centimetres (12 inches) across
· Stars should be made from cardboard e.g. a cereal packet
· Decorate stars with brightly coloured or silver paper, glitter, tinsel ribbon and various shapes
· Attach a string or ribbon to the top of the star, so it can be hung with the other stars in the library
· Children should include their name, age and a contact number on the back of their star.