Merton residents will get the chance to meet author of Rivers of London, Ben Aaronovitch at Wimbledon Library on Saturday 11 April at 6.45pm.
Aaronovitch’s book is this year’s chosen novel for Cityread, a campaign urging Londoners to pick up and read the same book throughout April.
‘Rivers of London’, the first in a series of fantasy/crime fiction follows the adventures of a copper-turned-apprentice-wizard Peter Grant, and his boss – the last wizard in England. It’s fast-moving, funny, and full of warmth, featuring one of the greatest and most historically rich cities in the world: London.
Other Cityread London events in Merton include:
- Author “Ben Aaronovitch” Visit at Wimbledon Library: Saturday 11 April, 7.30pm
- Rivers of London Quiz at Raynes Park Library: Tuesday 14 April, 10.30am
- “Rivers of Merton” Talk at Mitcham Library: Tuesday 14 April, 11am
- Coffee Morning and London Quiz at Pollards Hill: Thursday 16 April, 10am-11am
- Local History Quiz with Refreshments at Mitcham library: Saturday 25 April, 2pm
For more information about Cityread 2015 and to book your place at this year’s author event visit http://www.merton.gov.uk/libraries