Mike Brunt from Labour has been elected Figge’s Marsh new ward councillor with 74% of the vote.
A by-election was called in Figge’s Marsh ward at the end of March following the resignation of former councillor, Peter Walker.
Mike Brunt was Dundonald ward councillor from 1990-2002 and leader of the council from 1997-1999.
The breakdown of votes are as follows:
- Labour Party: Mike Brunt: (2824 votes)
- Conservative Party: Hamna Qureshi: (443 votes)
- UK Independence Party (UKIP): Andrew Thomas Mills:(254 votes)
- Green Party: Penelope Jane Homer: (184 votes)
- Liberal Democrats: Rachel Ann Waitt: (136 votes)
The full results can be found on the council website.