Kelly Braund from the Labour Party has been elected St Helier’s new ward councillor with 74% of the vote.
A by-election was called in St Helier ward after the resignation of Councillor Imran Uddin, who represented the Labour Party.
The full breakdown of votes is:
- Kelly Braund, Labour Party (1,508 votes)
- Geraldine Kirby, Conservative Party (318 votes)
- Geoff Cooper, Liberal Democrat (98 votes)
- Phillipa Maslin, Green Party (61 votes)
- Bob Grahame, UK Independence Party (50 votes)
The turnout was 25 per cent.