Want to find out more about the ‘Christmas Bubble’ guidance and hear practical tips on reducing the risk of COVID-19 during the holiday season?
Join one of our free 30 minute webinars to hear practical tips you and your loved ones can take to Celebrate Safely this year.
- Wednesday at 1pm
- Thursday at 2pm and 6pm
- Friday at 11am
- Saturday at 2pm
To register please email Merton’s Public Health Team.
More helpful tips
Here are some other things to consider when celebrating over the holidays from 23 – 27 December with loved ones:
- Be cautious and try to limit your close contacts in the days and weeks prior to the gathering with your Christmas bubble,
- Do your Christmas shopping early for both gifts and food, to avoid the last-minute rush and crowds in supermarkets and shops
- keep multiple windows (or a window and door) open to create airflow through the house.
- Clean all frequently touched surfaces after anyone uses them (e.g., taps toilet flush, light switches etc)
- Try to avoid hugs, kisses and handshakes as people arrive
- Don’t share items like crockery and glassware
- Avoid sharing food and buffet style set ups
- Extra distance between settings will make sure everyone is comfortable and keeps people safe
- Avoid board games with a lot of pieces that need to be handled, replace them with talking games or quizzes.
- When gifting presents remember to wash hands before and after handling, as this will limit surfaces getting contaminated
Read more: GOV.UK