Monday 28 June is the start of the 2021 Wimbledon Championships in Merton. This year’s tournament is a pilot event for the Government Events Research Programme and will be one of the first events to feature capacity crowds.
We are working closely with the All England Lawn Tennis Club to ensure the borough’s flagship event runs safely, smoothly and is a success for Merton’s community, tennis fans, the players and those who make Wimbledon happen.
Whether you are attending the event, or are just out and about in Wimbledon, please, continue to follow COVID-19 guidance to keep everyone safe.
• Washing and sanitising hands regularly.
• Keeping 2 meters distance from those not in your household.
• Wearing a face covering unless you are exempt.
• Following queuing and one-way systems in shops and premises.
• And using contactless payment where possible.