Avoid road rage this Christmas by getting a copy of a new leaflet which maps the six main short and long-term car parks in Wimbledon town centre as well as listing opening hours and number of spaces.
Merton Council recently extended the controlled hours of parking on the streets in Wimbledon. Therefore drivers cannot park on most streets without a permit between:
– 8.30am to 11pm, Monday to Saturday
– 2pm – 6pm, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
These restrictions cover the yellow lines, pay and display and residential parking bays. Please read parking signs carefully as failure to comply with the restrictions could result in a penalty charge notice with minimum fine of £40.
However visitors need not worry as there are short and long-term car parks in the town centre which are open at these times.
Open Monday – Sunday, 8am to midnight are:
1. Broadway car park, enter through Palmerston Road
2. Hartfield Road car park, enter through Hartfield Road
3. Queens Road car park, enter through Queens Road into Debenhams (down ramp, turn right)
4. St Georges Road car park, enter through St Georges Road
5. Centre Court car park, enter through Queens Road into Debenhams (down ramp, turn left)
Open Monday – Saturday, 8am to midnight is:
6. Wimbledon Bridge car park, enter through Hartfield Crescent
The council operated car parks (1-4) remain open outside the controlled hours above. In addition Queens Road car park does not charge on a Sunday.
Leaflets are available from Merton Link, Wimbledon Library, Centre Court Shopping Centre, The Odeon, The Cannons Gym, The New Wimbledon Theatre and The Irish Club. Alternatively call 020 8545 3840.
Senior Press & PR Officer
London Borough of Merton
020 8545 3327