Every business now has to operate very differently and should only be open after following very detailed guidelines on reopening safely.
Thanks to funding from the European Regional Development Fund, our Regulatory Services Partnership (RSP) ran a series of free webinars for businesses in the close contact, leisure and other sectors. The RSP was accompanied by an industry representative and/or Trade Association representative to discuss their own guidance for your sector.
The COVID-19 webinars focused upon particular professions and the steps needed to keep you, your staff and customers safe.
You can watch recordings of the webinars on the website of our RSP partners, Wandsworth Council:
- Gyms, leisure centres and sports halls, pools and spa pools
- Hair, beauty and soft tissue massage
- Hospitality (pubs, clubs, restaurants, guest accommodation)
Detailed information referenced within the webinars, including efficacy of face coverings/visors and transmission of the virus, appears as a link in the YouTube video description.
Each webinar is around 50 minutes of content, plus a Q&A with the panel of speakers. The following issues are covered, as they relate to your business sector:
- COVID-19 virus in a nutshell (context to guidance requirements)
- Practical advice on how to be COVID-Secure
- A walk through the official Government and any Trade Association guidance for your sector
- How to do a risk assessment – includes signposting to checklists
- Support from the Council on trading outdoors, pavements, noise complaints
- Government’s new free recovery advice for business – covers accounting to advertising, HR and legal affairs
- RSP’s free, tailored regulatory advice for your business on Covid Compliance, Risk Assessments, H&S etc
- Simple steps to boost customer confidence and bring customers back
- Reclaiming the cost of implementing safety measures
Each session also covers steps to reduce risk to staff and customers, including:
- ‘Cleaning’ the air of airborne virus particles
- Practical application of the 1m+ rule
- Working practices in confined spaces
- Social distancing signage templates
- Customer records
- Reporting COVID incidents
About the RSP
The Regulatory Services Partnership (RSP) is a Council owned service, serving the London Boroughs of Merton, Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth. It has over 50 highly trained, experienced advisors covering:
- Environmental health (food hygiene, labelling and food safety)
- Health and safety
- Pollution (air, land, noise, water)
- Trading Standards (includes weights and measures, intellectual property and age restricted sales)
Read more about reopening safely.
If you still have questions or concerns after reading the Government guidance for your sector and/or viewing the RSP’s relevant webinar, please get in touch. The RSP is currently providing free, tailored, one to one advice to help you reopen, or continue trading, safely. For those based outside our area, advice is charged in a recovery costs basis – we make no profit from this service. The RSP is here to fully support you in reopening as smoothly as possible.
Contact the RSP at email@example.com.