As part of the Celebrating Age Festival, the Merton Care and Repair agency is hosting a housing options day for older people and their carers on Thursday July 22 in Glebelands, Mitcham.
The day will include advice and information on housing, benefits, energy efficiency and home safety. There will be attendance from a number of agencies including the Elderly Accommodation Counsel, Mascot and Merton Association of Pensioners.
Anyone is welcome to attend the day and obtain information about help and assistance available to enable older people to remain living safely in their own homes.
The Merton Care and Repair agency that is managed by Hanover Housing Association has been working in partnership with a range of agencies to assist older residents in the borough to explore the housing options that are available to them now, and as they get older.
Visitors will also have the chance to surf the net to access housing information and view accommodation and services available at one of Hanover’s extraCare sheltered housing scheme.
The event get underway at 11am and there will be presentations held at 12 noon, and 2pm with refreshments available throughout the day and a complimentary buffet lunch provided at 1pm.
Notes to editors
Venue: Glebelands, 90 Love Lane, Mitcham, Surrey CR4 3DD
· Hanover manages a number of Care and Repair agencies throughout England, working with Local Authorities, these home improvement agencies aim to help older and disabled people to remain in their homes in safety and comfort.
· Hanover offers flexible and imaginative solutions to the changing needs of older people for housing and support.
· extraCare is the name Hanover uses to describe its model of housing with care (otherwise known as very sheltered housing). extraCare houses frail older people in self contained flats, built to a high design specification in sheltered housing schemes with additional facilities and support.
· Hanover’s extraCare programme fits with the government’s focus on increasing the number of schemes offering independent living.
· Hanover Housing Association is an Exempt Charity.
For further press information please contact:
Tanya Love at Hanover Housing Association, Marketing Department, on 01784 446044 or Regional Care & Repair Manager, Dawn Jackson on 07973 193 970 or 01761 233788
Press and PR Officer
London Borough of Merton
020 8545 3483